An exclusive online discussion for senior finance and IT executives in Dubai.
Digitalising the finance department: opportunities vs challenges
The new decade is upon us, and large corporations are looking at ways to digitise b2b finance. On one side, is the thrilling opportunity of freeing up working capital, reducing paper invoices and wasted time shuffling through duplicates. On the other, is the challenge of collaborating with IT departments, getting the executive buy-in, while keeping an eye out for risks such as cybercrime.
- Which technologies should be at the top of the list for finance innovation?
- Are finance teams keeping up regarding digital transformation compared to other functional groups?
- What is the most challenging aspect of digitalising the finance function?
- Does automating payments actually optimise existing payment systems?
- Can a company cut costs by automating payments? Which ones?
CFO at Du Telecom
CFO at Ali & Sons Holding
CIO & CDO at Union Insurance
Head of Finance & Administration at Oman Qatar Insurance Co.
Head of Financial Planning & Analysis at Al-Futtaim
Head of Finance at Vestel Electronics Gulf DMCC
Head of Finance at Meraas
VP of Digital Transformation at Aldar
AVP of Agile Delivery at Emirates NBD
AVP of Treasury at RAKBank
Director of Finance & IT at Petrofac
Director of Digital Transformation at Aldar
Director of Finance at Emaar Industries & Investments
GM of Digital & Technology Solutions at Abu Dhabi National Hotels
Senior Finance Manager of IT at Petrofac
1:50 pm: Guests to check-in online
2:00 pm: Welcome by The Ortus Club
2:10 pm: Introduction of participants
2:20 pm: Short address from Tradeshift
2:30 pm: Discussion instigated by the moderator and continued by the group
3:15 pm: End of session