Digitalising the finance department: opportunities vs challenges
2020 is approaching, and large corporations are looking at ways to digitise b2b finance. On one side is the thrilling opportunity of freeing up working capital, reducing paper invoices and wasted time shuffling through duplicates. On the other is the challenge of collaborating with IT departments, getting the executive buy-in, while keeping an eye out for risks such as cybercrime.
- Which technologies should be at the top of the list for finance innovation?
- Are finance teams keeping up with regards to digital transformation compared to other functional groups?
- What is the most challenging aspect of digitalizing the finance function?
- Does automating payments actually optimize existing payment systems?
- Can a company cut costs by automating payments? Which ones?
The Capital Grille, The Galleria
5365 Westheimer Rd, Houston, TX 77056, United States | Google Maps
The Ortus Club hosts knowledge-sharing discussions in the best private dining rooms in the world. These venues provide an elegant high-end atmosphere and impeccable table service.
Senior executives of prominent firms in Houston.
Job titles include CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, CDOs, CIOs, Heads of Finance, Heads of Digital Transformation, Heads of Innovation, Heads of IT and other relevant executives.
Attendance is by invitation only and is, of course, complimentary for those invited.
6:30 pm: Arrival of guests and reception
7:00 pm: Welcome by The Ortus Club and short address from Tradeshift
7:10 pm: Discussion instigated by the moderator and continued by the group
7:45 pm: Starters served
8:00 pm: Discussion brought to a close and guests are encouraged to continue networking
9:00 pm: Change of seats before dessert